We are excited to share about Rogue Cheer Athletic’s most elite competitive team! Please read below for the important details regarding the upcoming nationals seasons..
- The 2023-2024 Nationals Competitive Team will be chosen during tryouts. Tryouts will take place June 19th-22nd
- Tryout details can be found here
- 16 -18 athletes will be chosen for the 2023-2024 Nationals team
- The team will be open to high school age athletes and a few select middle school age athletes. All of which will be chosen during tryouts in June
- Experience for the nationals team is required
- Some Nationals Team athletes may make the Nationals Team but won’t be “On Mat” until coaches feel they are ready
- Athletes who compete at our first competition in November 2023 are “On Mat” . Athletes may start off the season not yet on mat but can change that status by making improvements towards the expectations coaches have given them. Examples of expectations would be: level jumps, flyer body positions, coachability, strength in stunting, improved mat presence etc.
- The team will be coached by Rogue Cheer Athletics co-owners Becky Abbott and Maisy Kucera
- Practices for the Nationals team will begin promptly after tryouts. Please note that already scheduled family vacations and visitation is excused during early summer months. Nationals team will be practicing Tues & Thurs 5:30-7:30 starting June 27th.
- Nationals team has competed and placed first at the United Spirit National Championships in Anaheim in both 2022 and 2023. We are excited to take a leap and make an even larger Varsity brand nationals event our goal for the 23-24 season!
- The Nationals team will be planning to attend The Quest National Championships this season. The Quest takes place in early March 2024 in Disneyworld Orlando, Florida. Nationals team will begin fundraising for this event in June 2023
- We are unsure at this time if our Nationals team will compete at Oregon competitive events during the 23-24 season
- Other competitions on the schedule will be several JAMZ Championships in Northern California, Varsity competitions in Northern California and possibly the JAMZ Nationals in Las Vegas January 2024
- Nationals team athletes are attending Dream Camp at the United State Basketball Academy in Blue River Oregon July 22nd-July 26th. Cost is $525/athlete. This includes camp instruction for 4 days, lodging, food and camp clothes for each day. Attendance at this camp will be required for all nationals team athletes. Sponsorships and fundraising can be done for this camp. You can see the camp flyer here
- Rogue will be offering fundraisers for our nationals team athletes starting in May facilitated by our Rogue Booster Club headed up by Britni Williams. Some of the fundraisers we will be doing are Parents Night Out, hosting Clinics, Summer Morning Camps, Showcase and Silent Auction. We also will begin seeking sponsorships for the 2023-2024 season starting in May.
Please check back for more information in the coming weeks! Specific questions regarding Nationals Team 23-24? Please contact us here ♡
Check out our amazing business sponsors for our 2022 & 2023 Nationals teams !👇